Worship and Study
Kabbalat Shabbat services, Torah study and all holiday celebrations (unless otherwise noted) will be held on the second floor in the library at San Diego Jewish Academy, 11860 Carmel Creek Road, San Diego. Elevator access is in the main building. Parking is in the lower, east lot. Do not turn right at Shaw Ridge Road at the Kaiser Permanente corner. Please go through the intersection, up the hill, and turn right into the driveway (it can be hard to see at night). If you don't have a CDH parking sticker, you will need to let the guard know that you are attending services, Torah study, etc. at Dor Hadash.
- Friday, October 4, no services at Dor Hadash
- Wednesday, October 8, 7:00 p.m., Erev Yom Kippur/Kol Nidre Services
- Thursday, October 9, Yom Kippur, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, October 9, 4:30 p.m., Text Study of Jonah
- Thursday, October 9, 5:30 p.m. (approx) Yizkor/Martyrology
- Thursday, October 9, 6:15 p.m. (approx) Neilah (concluding) service
- Thursday, October 9, 7:15 (approx) Tekiyah gedol (final shofar blast) followed by Neilah Nosh (a light break-the-fast)
- Friday, October 11, 7:00 p.m. Kabbalat Shabbat
- Saturday, October 12 10:00 a.m. Torah Study
- Friday, October 18, Share Shabbat/Sukkot (at members' homes; call office to RSVP)
- Sunday, October 20, 4:00 p.m. Simchat Torah/Soulful Sunday
- Friday, October 25, 7:00 p.m. Kabbalat Shabbat