Worship and Study
Kabbalat Shabbat services, Torah study and all holiday celebrations (unless otherwise noted) will be held on the second floor in the library at San Diego Jewish Academy, 11860 Carmel Creek Road, San Diego. Elevator access is in the main building. Parking is in the lower, east lot. Do not turn right at Shaw Ridge Road at the Kaiser Permanente corner. Please go through the intersection, up the hill, and turn right into the driveway (it can be hard to see at night). If you don't have a CDH parking sticker, you will need to let the guard know that you are attending services, Torah study, etc. at Dor Hadash.
- Friday, February 28, 7:00 p.m., Kabbalat Shabbat
- Saturday, February 29, 10:00 a.m. Torah Study
- Friday, March 6, 6:30 p.m., First Friday (join pre-K thru 4th graders as they assist Rabbi Yael in leading services)
- Sunday, March 8, 5:00 p.m., Purim Pandemonium (see below)
- Friday, March 13, 7:00 p.m., Kabbalat Shabbat
- Friday, March 20, 6:30 p.m., wine and cheese pre-oneg followed by Lev Hadash/Kabbalat Shabbat services at 7:00 p.m. with Rabbi Yael and song leader Hilly Rubin
- Friday, March 27, Share Shabbat at members' homes (please check with office for locations)
Sunday evening, March 8, 5:00 p.m.
Start the evening with Pizza and a potluck (sign up here to bring food or drink to share)
Enjoy the pandemonium of the evening and the fun megillah reading. Come dressed for the 80s (this is 5780 after all) or wear any costume you like!
Who will the rabbi be this year?